Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Roots




Marc, Jack and I spent this past weekend getting in touch with our roots. One of my favorite people, my childhood friend Jaimie, came to meet Jack and spend the weekend with us in Rhode Island. I've known Jaimie since we were twelve and I'm so glad we've stayed close through all of life's ups and downs. Jack just loved her and I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual! We can't wait for Jaimie to come back for another visit, although next time she needs to bring her sweet baby girls!



While Jaimie and I were busy reminiscing about our junior high, high school and college shenanigans, Marc took his grandmother and Jack to a local Scottish festival. Marc’s Scottish roots run deep…both of his grandmother’s parents were born in Scotland, and he travelled there with his entire family when he was a teenager. Even though the weather wasn’t great, all 3 generations of Scots enjoyed their day with their fellow clansfolk. I’m going to tag along next year so I can see the “Bonny Knees” contest…judging the knees of men in their kilts!



No comments:

Post a Comment