We then spent the afternoon with Marc's parents and his sister and her family at Marc's parents' lake cottage (okay, so it's technically a trailer, but it's totally adorable). The nine of us took a boat ride on their new pontoon, but it was a little chilly so that didn't last very long. Marc and his brother-in-law then cooked a delicious dinner on the grill for us moms. A perfect way to end a perfect day.
And now I can't wait to use my Mother's Day present from Marc and Jack, a gift certificate for a one-hour massage...thank you, thank you, thank you! Jack is a joy and a dream come true, but I am so excited to take a break, get a babysitter and be pampered for a bit! I'm also excited for my Mother's Day gift to myself...a housekeeper! I am away from home for 10 hours a day due to work, so when I am home, the last thing I want to do is spend more time away from my baby and clean the house. And let's be honest here...I've never loved housecleaning anyway. So Happy Mother's Day to me, from me :)
Happy Mother's Day, today and every day, to all of the hard-working moms out there. Whether a new mommy or a veteran mom, an at-home mom or a mom who works away from home, a mother's work, like her love for her child, never ends. Thank you to my mom for being such a great one, and to my mother-in-law for welcoming me into her family with open arms. Moms Rule!!
No comments:
Post a Comment