Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Trip to the Mystic Aquarium


When Grandma Carol was in town, we took Jack on his first trip to the Mystic Aquarium. I am not a huge fan of zoos due to the whole caged animal business, but for some reason I do not feel the same sad desperation at aquariums. I unequivocally love them. I was hoping that Jack would also love them, and he did not let me down.



We are so fortunate to have many family-friendly destinations near our home, and the aquarium is one that I suspect we'll frequent for years to come. It really does appeal to all ages - Jack was mesmerized by the sea animals and my mom and I both loved its relaxing calmness. Plus it was so neat to see Jack's reaction to the fish. He doesn't know yet to be afraid of sharks or eels, so he viewed them with the same fascination as the oh-so adorable beluga whales. I will admit that both my mom and I were horrified by the moray eels...gross gross gross! All in all, it was a great afternoon spent in great company, and I can't wait to do it again.



1 comment:

  1. I love aquariums! I do think they're good kid entertainment, even for the little littles. I wish we had one here.

    ReplyDelete