Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jack's Crib

Before Jack was born, I promised many a person that I'd share photos of his nursery. It was on my list of things to do, but Jack came early and suddenly photos of an empty room were not nearly as exciting as the Main Atttaction - Baby Jack. But now that Jack has settled into his nursery, I thought I'd be a good idea to document his first room. Not only do I want my out of state friends and family to be able to visualize my baby's envinronment, but I want to have a reminder of the space where so many memories are being made.



Jack's room has definitely become my most favorite room in our house. It's bright, sunny, and it's where I get to spend special moments with my son. It's filled with meaningful items: a piece of stained glass art that was in daddy's room when daddy was a boy, daddy's old toychest, a rocking chair that belonged to my dad's mother that my father refinished when I was pregnant with Jack, a gorgeous quilt that Jack's "GG" (Great-Grandma Rapoza) lovingly stitched for Jack before he was born. It's where we read, where we sing, where he eats. It's where you can find me in the middle of the night. Everyone asks if Jack sleeps through the night, and the answer is no, not yet. While I would love some extra sleep in my life, I can't complain about getting up with that sweet baby. I know that someday soon he won't need me to feed him in the middle of the night, and that sooner than I imagine he'll have outgrown the place where we spend such precious moments. So for now, I'll suffer through early mornings and late nights, knowing that they won't last forever. And now off to drink that one blissful cup of coffee that I'm allowed each day as a nursing mom...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I just re-found the blog! It's not coming up in my reader--I'll add it again. The new name is so ridiculously cute. Are you thinking of changing the title too? I think you should. He is so adorable. I love that his room is connected to yours.

    And the sleeping through the night question...you're nursing! Of course he's not sleeping through the night! Plus he's still a tiny nugget and wants his mama. Don't let anyone make you feel like there's something wrong that he's still waking :).

    ReplyDelete