| My first hat choice for Sam got vetoed. |
This year, Sam got to experience his first Huck Finn Day. Last year, we were on a family and friends vacation to New Hampshire, so our boys had to miss the Huck Finn experience. I honestly love this event. I am a sucker for free entertainment for the kiddos, and this one is just so darn cute.
| Biggest and Littlest |
| One day, our kids will be MORTIFIED that we are their parents. |
This was the first year that someone in our family actually caught a fish...Kasey pulled in a whopper that had to be at least 4 inches long! It was also a successful year for the Huck Finn lookalike contest. I promise that I am not some loony pageant mom, but give me the opportunity to dress my kids up like a classical fiction character and I'm all over it. Jack really wanted to win "Best Looking Boy", as he called it, but our little Sammy won the prize (Cutest Huck Finn). It's okay, though, because Jack won the prize his first year. Jack received a fishing pole as part of his prize, but no such luck for Sam. That's okay, though, we had a very fun morning and made plenty of happy memories!
| Jack's favorite part of the day was making a paper airplane. |
| Kate and her boys play a giant game of checkers. |
| Fishin' Family |
| Showing off his prize-winning fish (not pictured: the fish) |
| Horse-drawn wagon ride |
| Lookalike contest |
No comments:
Post a Comment