December is such a fun, crazy month, and this year is no exception. Every weekend is full of holiday activities and plans with friends. So it was kinda nice to have to slow down thanks to some (relatively small) snowstorms. We typically visit Santa Claus at the Ashaway Fire Station each year, but this year he was there the day prior to the Westerly Fire Department Christmas party, so in order to avoid fire station Santa overload, we skipped it. That night we had planned on having some company over and then heading out to see the annual fireworks display, but that's been postponed because of inclement weather. So instead, we had a nice family night all cozy in our own home.
The Westerly FD did an amazing job, per usual, with the visit from Santa. He arrived by firetruck as he always does, and took his time with each child and gave each one a special gift and a stocking. Sam, however, was not impressed. I'd like to blame it on the fact that Santa arrived right in the middle of Sam's usual naptime, but I think it's more the fact that Sam really is terrified of strangers. I can't blame him, but poor Santa was so sweet and really tried to get Sam to feel comfortable to no avail. Jack is usually okay with Santa, but this year, he was a little timid. Regardless, the kids had a great time and absolutely love the gifts from Santa Claus. They've been playing with them nonstop since we opened them, and are even playing quietly and sharing incredibly well. A Christmas miracle.
In the midst of all this, Sam has really been coming into his own. At the ripe old age of 15 months, he took his first solo steps at the Westerly Library, of all places. He's not exactly up and running quite yet, but he gets more and more comfortable all the time. He continues to be a remarkable climber, and climbs up and down our stairs way too fast for mama's liking. He hasn't figured out just yet that he could probably climb out of his crib, and I really hope he holds off on that for awhile... (I also hope that I didn't just jinx myself...) Every day is a new adventure for him, and I'm happy that I get to be here to share it with him.
![]() |
| Just moments after taking his first big steps! |
![]() |
| What does the fox say? |
![]() |
| Guess who loves to feed himself? |





No comments:
Post a Comment