Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Halloween on Sesame Street
Halloween! I love it. I started asking Jack what he wanted to be for Halloween months ahead of time, and right off the bat, Jack told me he wanted to be a cookie. "A cookie?", I asked, "Really?" Yes, a cookie. Each time I asked, the response was the same. I didn't want to crush his little dreams, but I really had no idea what to do for a cookie costume. I'd say things like, "A cookie is a great idea. I also like train engineers. Do you maybe want to be an engineer?" Nope, just a cookie. Then a couple weeks before Halloween I asked again...What do you want to be for Halloween? This time the answer was Cookie Monster, and for this I was grateful. (Also...very apropos. The kid eats a cookie first thing every morning. His dad's doing, NOT mine!)
Who doesn't love Cookie Monster and his friends on Sesame Street?! This was something I could get on board with. Apparently Marc felt the same because he informed me that if Jack was Cookie Monster, then he was going to be Ernie. Well if Marc was going to be Ernie, I was going to be Bert. And of course we couldn't leave Sam out of it, so thanks to etsy and with a little help from my countertop composter, Oscar the Grouch (not apropos!) joined the crew.
I loved dressing up as a family, and see more themed costumes in our future. Yes, we've turned into THOSE people, and I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are TOTALLY the family that will dress up together. We love it & it's so fun. You guys are adorable and I love Sam & Jack's costumes :)
ReplyDelete