Monday, October 22, 2012

Sammy

 
2 weeks old - so tiny!

My poor sweet Sam. Try as I might, he just does not get the one-on-one attention that Jack got when he was a baby. I nearly had a heart attack when I realized how long it had been since I blogged about him, then I took a step back and remembered that when Jack was that age, I didn't find time to blog about him either. So here it is, the slightly delayed blog post where I talk about my sweet baby Sammy!

1 Month Old

When I say he's sweet, I really mean it. He rarely cries (unless he's hungry, that's another story) and he's content to hang with mama all day and best of all...he lets his big brother climb all over him and cover him with kisses ALL DAY LONG. Jack is constantly asking for me to "put him in my hands, mommy" or if Sam is laying down, "I lay next to Sam". I think Sam will have the patience of a saint one day.


"MOM! This kid is laying right next to me AGAIN!!"
 
Sammy started smiling when he was 7 weeks old, and it completely warmed my heart. He is like his older brother in that he likes to smile when he's laying on his changing table. Something about being in close proximity to my face without actually being in my arms must be very exciting. Sam loves it when he's laying there and I put lotion on his face, so needless to say, he gets a lot of calendula cream time!

Hard to capture the smile on film, but trust me that it's precious!

One thing Sam does not like is tummy time. I try really hard to do it every day, but it usually doesn't last very long. Sam either squirms around until he cries, or just falls asleep.

Don't let this fool you, he is not a fan of his surfboard.

I've had so much fun (and so little sleep...) watching Sam grow these past couple of months. And grow he does...12.5 lbs at his last appointment! Not bad for a guy who started out as a peanut. It is going to be so very hard to leave Sam (and his brother) when I return to work, but I plan to make the most of my time with them every other minute of the day! Thank you to my two boys for keeping me constantly entertained for these past several weeks. Sleep-deprived, yes, but it's been the time of my life!



 
 

1 comment:

  1. His little jeans! I can't take it! He is precious, good job mom and dad. I can't wait to see him again, his little rolls will be multiplying soon enough :) I see a lot Jack in him in some of these pics. Beautiful- keep up the good work and enjoy all this time together!

    ReplyDelete