Sunday was another beautiful New England day spent with Jack and his cousins. This time we ventured out to Buttonwoods Farm in Connecticut where they had created a corn maze. We had a really great time! Not only did Jack’s cousin Kody successfully lead us through the corn maze, but the kids were able to go on a hayride through a pumpkin patch, take a ride on a cow train (yep, a cow train…photos below!), play in a ginormous sandbox filled with corn kernels (a cornbox?), have a rubber duckie race, and see some cutie patootie baby pigs and chickens.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Autumn!
Autumn has arrived in New England! It’s like Mother Nature sent out a memo or something, because as soon as Labor Day weekend ended, our air turned cool and crisp. It’s fine by me, though. We had a great summer, and I love autumn and the changing of the seasons. It was something that I really missed when we lived in San Diego. The crisp air, the smell of burning leaves, trading in my sundresses and flip-flops for sweaters and boots, college football (Go State!!)…I can’t get enough. We’ve had a lovely season so far, and really took advantage of local treats this past weekend.
We spent Saturday down at Misquamicut Beach. The afternoon was spent at our friends’ house, where we grilled burgers while Jack and his cousins played in the sand. Now that Jack is over his sand phobia, he has a great time playing on the beach. It was a little chilly, but still nice to spend some time with the Atlantic Ocean while we can! Once evening hit, we trekked over to the state beach where the Misquamicut Fall Festival was taking place. It was a pretty cool event with tons of carnie rides and a petting zoo. The little ones definitely enjoyed themselves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
I LOVE the cow train and I think the boys are so lucky to have each other! I too am really excited for the start of fall. I'm so glad we're not dealing with 80+ degree temps at the end of September (knock on wood).
ReplyDelete