Saturday, December 13, 2014

School Days


Oh boy. I'd planned on keeping up with this blog throughout our busy fall, but apparently life got in the way. But I just can't skip such an important time in our family's life...Jack is now in school! Well, preschool, two mornings each week. He did so well on his first day of school, the only one crying was Mommy (but only after I walked out; I didn't want Jack to feel badly). I was so proud of him, Jack's teacher told me that Jack was a "kind friend" who helped the other children who were having a tougher time there. Jack even did well the following week when Marc and I went on our first vacation away from the kids. I was freaking out that Jack would have a difficult time with all of the changes happening at once, but he (and Sam) had a ball with their Grammys while we were gone, and Jack's teacher again said that Jack did great at school, and that he's a very well-adjusted child.

Preschool orientation

Ready for his first day

Buddies
I am so proud of Jack for his kindness and for adjusting so well to a new routine. I miss my sidekick, but also appreciate the time that we have together when he is home with me. And let's face it...there are times when we both need a break from each other! Sam is still attending the parent-child class at the Waldorf school with me on Wednesday mornings, and it's fun to see him there "on his own", without his big brother. He's really coming into his own as well, and I could not be more happy that both of my boys are happy!

...sniff...

Getting down to business

No comments:

Post a Comment