Thursday, June 5, 2014

Now: Mother's Day 2014



This year we had a more low-key Mother's Day. I celebrated in the morning as I do each Sunday, by taking a nap while Marc takes the boys to breakfast with the other men in the family. A couple extra hours of sleep is truly the best gift I could ever receive. Although the boys did get me a gift certificate for a massage, which is the 2nd best gift ever. We had a fun day together, planting flowers and playing outside with the boys. We spent the evening with Marc's mom up at Pachaug, aka The Pond. The kids had a lot of fun playing at the beach, and they even made some special gifts for the moms. Us lucky moms received a "hot tub" (hole in the sand filled with pond water), and I received a "pooper scooper to pick up all that bunny poop in your yard" (a sand scooper). Thanks, kids, I had the perfect day! (I also had a great belated Mother's Day lunch with my mom, who got into town a week later. So lucky to have such great moms in my life!)

Jack just saw this pic and said, "Hey, that's when we made the hot tub for all the girls, like you, Mommy!"

My little love

Hard at work

No comments:

Post a Comment