Monday, March 26, 2012

Motor City Babies and Birthdays

Before I forget (baby brain is in full effect lately), I must write a post about our February family trip to Michigan. While the Motor City may not be a dream destination in February, there is no place I would have rather been. I was able to celebrate two very special occasions with loved ones: my dear friend Sarah's baby shower and my grandma's 93rd birthday. Sarah threw my baby shower in Michigan when I was pregnant with Jack, and I was honored to help throw a shower for her when she was expecting her first precious bundle of joy.

Sarah, the girls, and I at my baby shower. I can't believe I forgot to take photos at Sarah's shower...we will nearly certainly never be pregnant together again!
My grandma has always been so very near to my heart, even though we're often separated by miles and miles. I was thrilled to be able to celebrate the big 9-3 with her, and to spend some one-on-one time with one of my most favorite people ever. I love when Jack gets to spend time with her, they really get a kick out of each other. Jack is quite the entertainer, and loves to make my grandma laugh.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Great-Grandma.

All in all it was a great visit "home" for me, even more so that Marc and Jack were able to come along. We had such a good time visiting with friends and family, and I'm already looking forward to our next visit!


Jack's 1st snowman!
Brian lets Jack be the lieutenant for a day.
Making a new friend at Somerset.


No comments:

Post a Comment