Sunday, September 18, 2011

Farewell Summer

Before I begin posting about our already busy (but fun!) fall, I want to back up a bit to remember what a wonderful August we had. The month began with another visit from my parents. I've lived away from Michigan for 8 years now, and I can promise you that they never visited this often...I think Jack may have something to do with it... Anyway, we had a great time as usual. Not only were they able to enjoy the Atlantic coast, Wilcox Park, Pachaug Pond and everything summertime Rhode Island has to offer, they were able to celebrate Marc's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary with us. What a milestone!

Me and my mom

My parents

Jack's beautiful grandmas (and crazy cousin!)

Brother & Sister

The Happy Couple

Jack and I drove back to Michigan with my parents for a little vacation of our own (Marc flew out and met us there a few days later). Jack did great on the long car ride yet again, the kid is a serious trooper! We had SO MUCH FUN in Michigan!! We visited the Detroit Zoo with my college friend Andrea and her little one, had a delicious lunch with Great-Grandma Lenore at Alan's restaurant, went boating with Daddy and Grandpa Carl on Union Lake, checked out the Woodward Dream Cruise, perused my favorite childhood toy store, spent an afternoon with Grandma Carol at the West Bloomfield Library (way cooler than it sounds), played in the sand at Westacres Beach...it was all so much fun! I love being able to revisit so many of my childhood favorites with a child of my own. It's nice to see that the magic is still there. I was also able to visit with some of my oldest and dearest friends while back in the mitten. I can't wait to go back for our next Michigan adventure this November!

Jack makes a new friend at the WBT Library
More library fun!


Shopping at the Toy Soldier Shop & Doll Hospital

Patty-cake with Great-Grandma

Woodward Dream Cruise with Daddy

Toes in the sand at Westacres Beach


Detroit Zoo with Mommy

Baby Butts!
The Detroit Zoo

Teaching Grandpa how to captain a boat


2 comments:

  1. A. Look at you in your wedding shower dress! You look amazing!

    B. Love Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier!

    C. I so hope we can go to Mich at the same time one of these years. We should try to plan it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Thank you!
    B. I KNOW!! I could seriously spend hours (and tons of loot) in there.
    C. YES!! Let's make it happen.

    ReplyDelete