Does that even make sense? I don’t know, but I couldn’t let the second half of the summer escape without at least one blog post. We kept pretty busy this August, but I think the best thing that we did was celebrate Jack’s first year with loved ones. Our first celebration was on August 20th with our Michigan friends and family. The party was held at one of my favorite childhood places, Marshbank Park. The weather wasn’t perfect, but the rain held out for most of the day and nearly everyone was gone before the monsoon/thunderstorm arrived. Those of us that were left under the pavilion sure had an exciting time… thank you Brian Siriani for your secret stash of Oberon to keep everyone happy! Jack had a great time at his party, and it was truly wonderful to get together with old friends, many of them with children of their own. I can’t believe how long we’ve all been friends…it’s hard to believe that us kids from junior high and beyond are now parents of tons of adorable little children!
 |
| Pavilion pre-party (and pre-rain) |
 |
| Our very own playground for the day! |
 |
| The Birthday Boy :) |
 |
| Jack opens his first gift |
 |
| YUM! |
 |
| Brian's fake moustache does not look nearly fake enough. |
 |
| The Corbys brave the storm with a tablecloth raincoat and a smile! |
Jack couldn’t just have one party for his 1st birthday, of course, so we had a huge blowout (planned by Marc) once we got back to Rhode Island. The afternoon started out with a nice, quiet party for family and friends, and turned into a serious bash later that day. There was a band playing an amazing array of cover jams, a Del’s Lemonade stand (those of you in Rhode Island know how awesome that is…I think people were more impressed with the Del’s than the band!), and a Disneyworld-worthy fireworks display. Jack had so much fun with all of his Rhode Island peeps that he was asleep by 8:30, despite the rock band playing in his backyard. He may have missed the fireworks, but he’ll have 1st birthday party stories to share with his friends for the rest of his life.
 |
| QT with Auntie! |
 |
Because you can never have too many cute birthday cakes...
|
 |
| Blowing out the candles with Daddy & Mommy |
 |
| Digging in! |
 |
| Party Scene #1 |
 |
Party scene #2...note the neighbor's hurricane-ravaged trampoline in the background!
|
I've been waiting for birthday pics! Both cakes are darling, and the Rhode Island party especially sounds super awesome. Yay for Del's lemonade! I really hope I can bring the girlies early next summer to play with Jack in your pool.
ReplyDelete