Early this afternoon I was heading outside when suddenly the sunlight was obscured by a giant shadow. I looked up, awestruck, just in time to see a gigantic bird glide gracefully into my backyard and hop up onto a large rock. I've never seen a bird of this kind here in Rhode Island, and don't know if I'll ever see one again. I believe it's probably some kind of a heron (any ornithology-loving friends, feel free to chime in), but in my mind, it was a stork here to bring me my baby. No contractions just yet, but if I end up giving birth tonight, my poor child will definitely grow up to stories about how he was brought to his father and I by a stork!
Here's a photo of our lovely friend, with our neighbor in the foreground for scale.
I've been waiting for some preggers pics! You're so cute, mama. I can't believe that bird, and I love your interpretation. I think it is a heron, but I'm not quite an ornithologist ;).
ReplyDeleteOh!!!! I love this!!!! Love the 'stork' (but yes, I think it may be a heron... ;-) You are so stinkin' cute!!! You are glowing and beautiful! I am so glad you left a comment on Jaimie's blog before I did so I remembered to hop over here and start 'following' just in time... Quick! Throw that bag in your camera!
ReplyDelete(ps. By week 39, Ali Jane, Zach and Sean were all two week old crying babes! He's cooked my dear- hold on- your life is about to change!!! YAHHHHHH!!!)